Spanish Quinoa Pilaf Recipe.
*Percent Daily Value are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- ¼ pound dried Spanish chorizo, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup quinoa
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 large clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups water or stock
In a medium Dutch oven, sauté the chorizo over medium-high heat until beginning to brown. Add the onion and peppers. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin, chili flakes, paprika, and salt and cook for another minute. Add the quinoa and stir until coated in the vegetable mixture. Toast the quinoa, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste, beans, and water or stock. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook quinoa until the water has absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir once, replace the lid, and allow to steam off the heat for 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning and serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 4