Spring Rolls Recipe.
*Percent Daily Value are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 brown rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 pack of tempeh (cut into four or five pieces, then halved)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2 carrots, julienned or thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice of one orange
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
To make the tempeh: Stir together ¼ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup vinegar, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 tablespoon chili powder, and pour over tempeh. Allow the tempeh to marinate for at least one hour. To make the sauce: Add orange juice, tahini, sesame oil, rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup to a bowl, and stir well, until smooth. Add water to thin if necessary. Once it has marinated, saute tempeh in a skillet on medium high heat in olive oil. Cook each side for approximately 2 minutes. Allow to cool before using in rice paper wraps. Wet one brown rice paper roll and place on a plate to soften. After 1-2 minutes, start filling the roll with rice, basil, carrots, pepper and tempeh. Fold ends up, and roll to close. Repeat with remaining rolls. Garnish with black sesame seeds.