Dr. Samuels explains why people with schizophrenia often suffer from lack of motivation & disconnect to people around them because of their symptoms.
In this video, Dr. Susan Samuels explains why people with schizophrenia often suffer from lack of motivation and a disconnect to people around them.
Dr. Samuels is an assistant professor of clinical psychiatry and clinical pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an assistant attending psychiatrist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
- Long –Acting Injectable Antipsychotics: a Practice Guide for Prescribers. Psychopharmacology Institute. http://psychopharmacologyinstitute.com/antipsychotics/longactinginjectableantipsychoticsapracticalguideforprescribers/ downloaded 12/21/2016.
- Schizophrenia: Psychosocial treatments. 2015 NAMI, Arlington, VA. http://www.nami.org/LearnMore/Treatment/PsychosocialTreatments downloaded 12/21/2016
- Schizophrenia: Treatment. 2015 NAMI, Arlington, VA. http://www.nami.org/LearnMore/MentalHealthConditions/Schizophrenia/Treatment downloaded 12/21/2016
- Schizophrenia: Overview. 2015 NAMI, Arlington, VA. http://www.nami.org/LearnMore/MentalHealthConditions/
Schizophrenia downloaded 12/21/2016
- NIMH. Bethesda, MD. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/schizophreniabooklet122015/
- shtml downloaded 12/21/2016
- Schizophrenia: Treatment. And Causes Mayo Clinic. Rochester, MN. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseasesconditions/schizophrenia/diagnosistreatment/treatment/txc20253211?p=1 downloaded 12/21/2016. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/schizophrenia/symptoms-causes/dxc-20253198 downloaded 12/21/2016
- McGrath C et al. Schizophrenia: A Concise Overview of Incidence, Prevalence, and Mortality. Epidemiol Rev 2008;30:67–76
- Schizophrenia and public health. WHO. Geneva. 1996.
Note: These are all the sources used for every video in this series, not every source listed was used in this specific video.