Ceviche a la Scallop Recipe.
*Percent Daily Value are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 12 unsoaked jumbo sea scallops
- 1 tomato
- 1 small bunch cilantro, finely chopped-plus some for garnish
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 or 2 jalapenos (depending on size and taste), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 avocado (cut into cubes for garnish)
- Juice of 2-3 limes
Slice the chillies by holding the jalapenos by the tip and cutting around the perimeter. Cut into small pieces and set aside. Cut the scallops, each in 4 pieces and season them with salt. Allow them to absorb the seasoning for about 10 minutes. While the scallops are marinating: Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Using a paring knife, make an “X” on the bottom of the tomato. Blanch in the boiling water and remove after a minute, or when the skin starts to release. Place in cold water. When cool, peel the tomato and then slice it in half width-wise and remove the seeds. Place the tomato in a blender and puree. After 10 minutes rinse the scallops and place them in a stainless or glass bowl. Add the onions, chopped cilantro and chilies; add the tomato and then enough lime juice to cover. Mix gently and cover for 15 minutes or up to a few hours. Garnish with avocado, pumpkin seeds, and cilantro Serves 4