Fish Sticks Recipe.
*Percent Daily Value are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 ½ pounds cod
- 3 egg whites +1 tablespoon water (whisked gently)
- ¼ cup Ronnybrook garlic butter, melted (you can use unflavored butter too)
- ¼ cup small-diced sweet pickle
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili sauce
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup mayonnaise (or veganaise)
- 1 tablespoon butter +1 tablespoon olive oil for greasing the pan
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the cod down the middle then into about 7 or 8 finger sized portions (~1- ½ inch wide and 4 inches long). Add a touch of sea salt to the fish. Melt the garlic butter in a small saucepan. Lay out 3 shallow bowls for dredging the fish, one with the melted butter, one with the egg whites and one with the breadcrumbs. Dredge each of the fish sticks in the garlic butter, egg whites and then finally end with the breadcrumbs. Be sure to press the final layer of breadcrumbs to cover the surface of the fish completely. Lay them on a plate and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Using a large cast iron skillet or baking sheet, add the unflavored butter and olive oil and heat in the oven. Once hot, remove and swirl the oil and butter to evenly coat the bottom of pan. Lay out the fish sticks so they are not crowding the pan. Bake for roughly 15 minutes, flipping once. Tartar Sauce: makes ¾ cup sauce Mix ½ cup mayonnaise (or veganaise), ¼ cup small-diced pickle, chipotle sauce and salt and pepper. Serves 4-6