Avocado Sushi Recipe.
*Percent Daily Value are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups of Japanese short grain rice (or sushi rice)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅛ of an avocado
- 5 tablespoons mirin (rice wine vinegar)
- 4 ½ sheets of nori (edible seaweed)
- ½ of a cucumber (cut lengthwise)
Cook rice (according to package) When the rice is cooked add the 5 tablespoons of rice vinegar + maple syrup mixture and cover. Set aside sheets of nori On the full sheet of nori, spread ¼ of the white rice leaving about 1 inch at the top of the nori sheet. Place avocado and cucumber (or any other fillings at the bottom of the sheet and roll pressing firmly as you go. Brush water at the top of the sheet to seal the edges. Mix different fillings of your choice to try different flavor combos! Serves 4-5